Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to You!

Well Doug and I did it! We have kept this little sweetheart alive and well for an entire year! We love Beckham and can't believe how lucky we are to be his parents. He turned one on Thursday so we had a little party for him. 
 I saw this cute idea on pinterest and thought it was a must. I love all of Beckham's little faces and I am so glad that I did it. It is now hanging in his room for me to enjoy daily!


 I made a little soccer smash-cake because I found some cute soccer cupcake cups for sale, so soccer it was. Also everyone always asks us if we named Beckham after the soccer player. The answer is always no, and I am especially happy that we didn't name him after David Beckham after seeing his super-bowl commercial. I don't want a man covered in tatoos and modeling underwear being the guy who we named our child after. 

 He loved eating his cake and didn't even get sick from all the cake and icing he consumed. That is most likely due to the fact that he gets a lot of sweets around our house and the grandparents house.
Happy Birthday Beckham! We love you!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

So cute! And hilarious about the superbowl commercial - hahahaha!

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday Beckham! He is so sweet!

Unknown said...

These pictures are adorable, and that banner is awesome! I am totally doing that!:)

Shaylin said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Beckham! :) That banner is so great - I love it!

M.C. Sommers said...

I'm glad he made it to a year--I've been worried. That has to be one of the cutest birthdays I've gone to. It was the perfect combination of fun and creativity and laidbackness. Also, I'm surprised you aren't changing your mind after that superbowl ad. It could be a good role model for Beckham to aspire to.

Clancy and Katie Black said...

Love it!!! Happy Birthday Beckham. Maggie has a little gift for you so you two need to play soon. oh and he is way more handsome than David Beckham!