Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Some fun home remodeling

A few weeks ago Doug and I tore up our house. It was fun, kind of. But now that we are done, I love the end result. We got our windows replaced, our outside doors replaced, painted our kitchen and living room and the biggest improvement was our new flooring.

Doug being as thoughtful as ever...


These were a few gross things we found while pulling up our linoleum floor. A dried cucumber and disgusting band aid. I want to know who just lays linoleum over things like this.






We had ugly linoleum already in our kitchen and to our surprise there was another layer below of even uglier flooring! It was a lot of work getting it up, but definitely worth it.

4 comments:

julie and john said...

Love the treasures you found under your ground! You need to add some photos of the finished project! I can't wait to see it.

Becca said...

yeh I want to see the finished product as well. Oh and Dougs mom told me the news. congrats, that is super exciting! hope you are feeling well!

Clancy and Katie Black said...

That cucumber is disgusting at first I thought it was a chocolate chip cookie and I then I felt like eating a chocolate chip cookie, but now I don't. :(

deb said...

EW. On the bandaid and cucumber. You guys are pretty savvy with the remodeling. I like that.