Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 Year Anniversary

On January 2nd Doug and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Because of the fact that our time alone is quickly coming to a close...only one more month until this little boy is due...we took a little trip. Doug was in charge this year and he planned the perfect weekend getaway.

We stayed at the Zermatt in Midway, UT. It was only 30-40 minutes away but I had never been there. The hotel was really nice. They had nice robes which we enjoyed wearing down the pool and feeling fancy. Their pool was half inside and half outside. Doug kept wanting to go swim outside and it was freezing! I only ventured outside twice and quickly made my way back to warmth inside.

On Friday night we went the Zermatt's New Year's party and it was a lot of fun. Neither of us had ever been to a nice New Year's party and so we definitely enjoyed ourselves. There was delicious food, a 2011 ice sculpture (the true sign of a nice party), a big brass band and lots of dancing. There were all ages there, which made it lots of fun.

We watched the ball drop in NYC and they had a big balloon drop as well.


I sadly only made it until 1100 pm and just wasn't feeling very good. Doug was very kind and understanding and so we made our way back to the room. I promised I wouldn't fall asleep until 12:00, but that didn't happen. I was woken up at 11:58 by Doug holding sparkling cider to welcome in the new year.

The next morning we went snow shoeing by the Provo River up in Midway and it was beautiful. Doug informed me that he LOVES doing these kind of activities while I am pregnant because he can always out-last me. I kept having to stop and catch my breath and he was just full of energy!


After snowshoeing we went swimming/snorkeling at the homestead crater. Neither of us had ever been there. I had a good time, but it wasn't my favorite activity. Because the water was so warm and it was so cold outside, inside the crater was full of steam/fog. You could barely see in front of you. I didn't like not knowing my surroundings. Doug loved it and I think we were both jealous that we couldn't go scuba diving instead.

That evening we drove to Park City and did some shopping at the outlets and then made our way to SLC. We ate at Bucca de Beppo and it was delicious! If you have never been there, we both would highly recommend it. We were going to go see the lights at Temple Square, but it was so cold outside that we just did a slow loop around in our car and called it good.

This is not the best quality photo....but we wanted to show off our new track suits. We got them in Park City and enjoyed matching on our last day. Doug's brother Shane and his wife Becca love track suits and this has worn off on Doug. He was very happy to find a good one at the addidas store just before it closed. We had such a great weekend and I think I am pretty lucky to have such a kind and loving husband. It has been a good 2 years of marriage!

4 comments:

M.C. Sommers said...

I can't believe that you went snow shoeing when you are due in a month! You are amazing.

Oh, and I love the track suits.

Brenda said...

My favorite is you two on the bed in the fabulous robes! We should take a big family picture in track suits, I know Shane, Becca, Me, Stacy, you guys, and Austin have them - the rest of them need to get on board!

Jeff and Kira said...

Sounds like so much fun! Good for you for being so active and having so mucj fun at 8 months pregnant!

Tolman Family said...

Wow, how fun! Happy Anny!